HOURSJul 6 - Aug 2, 2014
|Mon:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Tue:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Wed:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Thu:||7:30 am - 5:30 pm|
College Center, 1st Floor
PO Box 69
Greeley, CO 80632
phone: (970) 339-6349
fax: (970) 506-6952
Tuition Appeal Guidelines
Tuition Appeal are for students who are requesting a refund of their tuition charges due to extenuating circumstances that occurred during the semester. All grades received and recorded on the students transcripts will not be affected by this process and will remain as part of the student’s academic record.
Reasons For Which Appeals Are Considered
The deadline for submitting a Tuition Appeal is 1 year from the last day of the term for which you are appealing.
You must officially withdrawl from course(s) prior to submission of the Tuition Appeal. The following are examples of circumstances for which an appeal will be considered (which have occurred after the drop deadline and before the withdrawal deadline (marking 75% of the course/term):
- Medical Reasons: Written documentation from treating physician/hospital
must accompany the appeal and must provide:
- Details regarding the nature and extent of the condition.
- Date the medical problem was first diagnosed.
- Date(s) of treatment, and
- Date(s) of hospitalization or other confinement, date of release, and date that recuperation period ended.
- Death in the immediate family: Documentation of the death
must accompany the appeal as well as a personal statement
that explains how the death affected student’s ability
to complete the school term.
- Change in hours or location of employment that is beyond
control and prevents the student from attending the classes for which
he/she is registered. A signed letter from the student’s
employer written on company letterhead must accompany the
petition. The letter must include the following:
- Reason for and date of the change in work schedule.
- The student’s work hours prior to the change and the work hours resulting in the change.
- Reasons for the change in the student’s work situation/location. New work location and date of change in work location.
- Was student made aware of expected change in work hours prior to formal implementation? If yes, when?
Please note: If your circumstance is due to an issue with the instructor, curriculum, class instruction methods or not listed in our Tuition appeals guidelines, please visit with your instructor, Department Chair or the appropriate Academic Dean over your circumstance before attempting this process.
Tuition Appeals submitted for semesters older than one year of age will be denied.
Examples of circumstances for which a tuition refund appeal Are Not Considered
- Student has not withdrawn from the course(s)
- Failure to comply with drop, withdrawal, and registration
cancellation policies and deadlines as published in the Schedule
of Classes even if the student has not attended classes (except
for reasons stated in section above).
- Obtaining new employment; changes in hours/location of
employment that IS IN the student’s control.
- Example: Taking a new position that may or may
not result in change of work location/hours that is based
on opportunity to earn more…etc.
- Loss of employment that was in the student’s control.
- Failure to submit tuition classification information
prior to the beginning of the term.
- Failure to submit appeal documentation within 30 days after
receiving notification from the appeals committee that additional
documentation is being requested.
- Student received financial aid for term; appeal would change
enrollment status. Full balance of any difference in
financial aid eligibility must be repaid prior to consideration
- Tuition appeal is for a term that is over one year of age.
Please follow the below steps for filing a Tuition Appeals:
- Review Tuition Appeal guidelines.
Please note: If your tuition appeal is due to an issue with the instructor, curriculum, class instruction methods or not listed in our Tuition appeals guidelines, please visit with your instructor, Department Chair or the appropriate Academic Dean over your circumstance before attempting this process.
- Print Tuition
Appeal form from the Aims website.
- Complete Tuition
Appeal form with the following documents:
- Obtain all supporting documentation as set forth in the Tuition Appeals guidelines.
- A written statement from the student is required explaining the circumstances and reason for the appeal.
- If grant, scholarship and/or loan funds were
paid on your behalf for the semester in which you are
appealing, see the Financial Aid Office to go over the
impact an approved appeal will have on your financial
- Submit the completed Tuition Appeal form and
supporting documentation to any Aims Community College
Cashiers office. Appeals can be submitted by mail, in
person, or by fax 506-6952. Appeals will only be accepted
by email if all forms and documents are scanned(imaged)
and attached to the email.
- Please be sure to make a copy of all forms and
documents for your records before submitting all paperwork
to the Cashier's office.
- Please be sure to make a copy of all forms and documents for your records before submitting all paperwork to the Cashier's office.
- Once the Tuition Appeal committee has reached
a decision, the student will be sent a letter stating
the decision and action to be taken next by the college
or the student.
- If Tuition Appeal is "Approved", the student's tuition account will be adjusted accordingly.