The Accuplacer test is used for placement at all Colorado community colleges for most
degree and certificate programs. This placement test will determine your skill levels
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence skills (English)
The Accuplacer is an adaptive test, which means it will modify questions for your
ability. It does this by giving you questions based on how you answer previous questions.
It's also an untimed test, so we encourage you to take your time and do your best.
- Before you take the Accuplacer, you must have an application on file.
- Make sure to bring a photo ID on the day you take the test. If you do not have a photo
ID, you will not be allowed to test.
Please note that calculators are not allowed on the mathematics section of the Accuplacer.
Distance and Online Learning Students
- All new Distance or Online Learning students pursuing a degree program (i.e., A.A.
or A.S.) must meet the assessment requirements for Aims Community College. If you
are pursuing a degree, you cannot begin courses until Aims has your assessments completed
or on file.
To take the Accuplacer exam where you are living, please do the following:
- Call a local community college or university assessment center. Inquire if it will
proctor your placement exam. Please let the center of college know that the exam is
Internet-based and takes approximately 1½ to 2 hours.
- Once you have secured a testing site, complete the proctoring form with the proctor. Please note that this form is e-mailed directly to the Aims Assessment
For more information on the Accuplacer, please visit the following links: