Finish What You Started Program
You May be Eligible for up to $3000 Annually to Finish What You Started at Aims!
Are you a student who:
- Applied to a college or university between summer 2019 and spring 2021, but did not enroll in classes?
- Enrolled in a college or university and stopped out in fall 2021 or earlier for two or more consecutive terms?
If you answered yes to either question and you are:
- A Colorado resident (ASSET students are eligible); and
- Degree or certificate-seeking, enrolled in at least six credits; and
- Have no previous degree awarded in the state of Colorado; and
- Have not received a certificate with 30 credits or more; and
- Fall 2022 will be your first semester at Aims
...then the Finish What You Started (FWYS) program is for you! FWYS offers 1-1 success coaching; academic, personal and leadership skill development; and career and transfer transition support as you work towards completing your degree or certificate at Aims. The FWYS program will complement your academic advising experience and works in collaboration with faculty, Pathway, Aims2UNC and TRIO advisors. Participants will be eligible to receive up to $3000 annually.
Interested students, who meet the above criteria, are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; with the first disbursement of fall 2022 scholarships scheduled after the drop deadline.
As part of the Finish What You Started (FWYS) Program, the Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative (COSI) awarded Aims Community College with a $1,250,756 grant. This grant money will be used to support scholarships, success coaching and career readiness skills for prospective students who have some college completed but no degree, as well as those who applied to college in 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 but did not attend.
The goal of this program is to offset the decline of public higher education enrollment and the overall disruption to the workforce caused by the COVID-19 pandemic by encouraging students to return to college and complete a degree program. These funds will provide financial and academic support to prospective and current Aims students who have a goal of completing a degree program.
Students who previously attended college but did not finish, or anyone who applied to a college in the last two years but did not attend, is eligible to receive funds upon applying to Aims Community College.
More information about the FWYS program can be found on the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.