The Physical Education & Recreation Center (PERC) is located on the Greeley campus. The PERC offers open recreation hours and activity classes taught by knowledgeable and certified instructors. Currently enrolled Aims students and employees can enjoy all the PERC has to offer.
Physical Education and Recreation Center (PERC)
Students and employees are encouraged to come and find out all that the PERC has to offer.
- For Students and Employees- Simply show up with your Aims ID and start working out today! Exercise on your own, work with one of our personal trainers or take activity classes to enjoy new ways to live healthier.
- For Community Members - The PERC is only available to Aims students and employees. However, community members can sign up for a Physical Education class which will then provide them full access to the PERC while they are a student. There are no minimum credits and the PERC offers a wide variety of classes.
All Aims students and employees have complete access to the PERC during recreation hours. Please see our facilities page for a complete list of the wide array of recreation spaces available.
A variety of for-credit activity classes are available at the PERC. Examples of classes include weight training, yoga, Zumba, circuit training and more. For the most current Physical Education course offerings, check out the current class schedule. Note: Class schedules are available when registration is open.
Students and employees can work with one of our certified personal trainers free of charge. Our trainers can help you learn how to use the equipment, give tips for staying motivated or design a personalized program to help you meet specific fitness goals.
If you are an Aims employee or student and would like to inquire about personal training services, please complete the form here.
Intramurals are an opportunity for all students to compete against their classmates in a variety of sports. They are a great way to increase student engagement by providing students with ways to interact socially with their classmates. This fosters a sense of belonging, positivity and engagement in both academic and non-academic activities.
Aims students who want to participate in intramural sports for the spring semester should contact Tanner Wiemers to sign up. See details for Aims intramural sport offerings below.
Season: Fall Semester (September 19 - October 19)
Days: Tuesday / Thursday Evenings
Registration Deadline: September 14
Details: Teams of 6 - 8 participants
Season: Fall Semester (October 24 - November 21)
Days: Tuesday / Thursday Evenings
Registration Deadline: October 19
Details: Teams of 3 - 5 participants
Season: Fall Semester
Dates: Tuesday December 5 and Thursday December 7
Registration Deadline: November 30
Season: Fall Semester (September 15 - December 8)
Times: Noon - 1:30 pm
Registration: No registration required
Physical Education and Recreation Center policies are designed to protect participants, employees and the facilities and equipment. Adhering to all policies and posted guidelines during participation in the facility is expected at all times. Anyone who violates policies may be asked to leave the facility and be denied future access.
Please refer to the Aims Covid-19 Information page for the latest protocols related to Covid-19.
- For safety and facility maintenance reasons, appropriate sport or exercise clothing and footwear are required for participants. Please see each section for specific requirements.
- Tank tops or t-shirts are required (sports bras are not permitted).
- Jeans, zippers, belts, snaps, metal studs and other materials on clothing that may damage equipment, upholstery or flooring are not permitted.
- Toe-covered and rubber-sole shoes are required in the following areas:
- Cardio and Condition Center
- Indoor Cycling Studio
- Walking and Running Track
- Cross Training Studio
- Strength Center
- Backpacks, bags, and personal items must be stored in lockers.
- Participants may not interfere with employee duties and must adhere to instruction presented by employees.
- Appropriate language is expected, and use of profane or obscene language is strictly prohibited
- Use of drug, alcohol and tobacco products is not permitted. Any participant identified as impaired will be removed from the Physical Education and Recreation Center or program activities.
- Class participation is only allowed for registered class members.
- The maximum number of class participants is determined by the instructor, based on space capacity.
- Notify the class instructor of any physical considerations you have before class begins.
- Return all equipment to its designated storage space.
Guests are defined as any non-Aims student, faculty or staff member accompanying an Aims faculty or staff member for admission and participation purposes. Here is an outline of the guest policies:
- A limit of one guest at a time may accompany a current faculty or staff member.
- The Aims sponsor must remain in the facility with the guest.
- Sponsors are responsible for the conduct of their guest.
- Sponsors and guests must arrive and check-in together at the Welcome Center.
- Each guest must present a photo ID and complete the registration form and liability waiver at the Welcome Center.
- Equipment can only be checked out under the name of the sponsor.
- No guest under the age of 12 is permitted in the following areas: weight training room, cross training room, cardio studio, human sport machine area, or functional fitness space.
- The guest pass is free.
- Guests may not join sponsors during scheduled for-credit courses.
- Guests are not eligible for personal training services.
- Lockers are permitted for day use only; no items may be left in lockers overnight.
- The Physical Education and Recreation Center is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. Do not leave valuables such as jewelry, wallets, electronic devices, credit cards or personal items unsecured.
The following recreational activities and facilities are available for use at the following campuses:
Students, employees, and community members are able to stay active using the 0.8-mile outdoor exercise pathway along the Fort Lupton campus that features an array of fitness equipment. The Fort Lupton campus also has five family passes available for students to check out to use at the Fort Lupton Recreation Center. These passes can be checked out at Learning Commons on the Fort Lupton campus and are available for one week at a time.
The Loveland campus has six family passes available for students, faculty, and staff to check out to use at the nearby Chilson Recreation Center. These passes can be checked out at Learning Commons on the Loveland campus and are available for one week at a time.
The Windsor campus has an on-site gym.