Office of the President
The members within the President’s Office include the CEO/President, Board of Trustees and Cabinet. Together, they work to provide continuous leadership to the staff and faculty at Aims Community College. They represent the interests of Aims while upholding all policies in order to align with the purpose, vision, mission and values of the college.
The 2018-2023 Aims Strategic Plan is the framework by which the president, Board of Trustees and staff operate to empower students to succeed. Additionally, it lays out how the college is working to enhance operational performance and enrich Northern Colorado’s economic development. The goal is to complete each outlined initiative by the end of the 2022-2023 school year.
Benchmarks and current performance toward the Strategic Plan’s core measures of access, retention, learning, completion and impact are outlined in the Core Measure Report.
Staff continuously works toward the purpose of building a stronger community, reaching the vision of being First Choice: The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success and fulfilling the mission to provide knowledge and skills to advance the quality of life, economic vitality and overall success of diverse communities.
Each year, Aims puts out an annual report to the community. This comprehensive release includes the status of each tactic within the strategic plan, an at-a-glance profile of the college’s student body, how the college is making an impact within the community and a look into the distribution of funds for student aid and more.
Aims Community College Board of Trustees and the CEO/President establishes annual goals to prepare for each academic year. Not only does this provide a clear direction for the president, but also offers transparency to students, staff and the community.
2021-2022 CEO/President's Goals
- Student access, success, retention, and completion to increase and support enrollment and diverse populations. Tactics include:
- In-person orientation for all new students and family (line 1 of Strategic Plan)
- Redesign and streamline one-stop services (line 2 of Strategic Plan)
- Increase degree attainment by adult learners (line 8 of Strategic Plan)
- Intentional registration initiative (line 9 of Strategic Plan)
- 12+12+6/30 per year initiative (line 10 of Strategic Plan)
- Expand Partnerships with School Districts (line 12 of Strategic Plan)
- Campus Climate Survey (line 14 of Strategic Plan)
- Facilities Master Plan: Welcome Center and Student Commons (line 16 of Strategic Plan)
- Design and implement Strategic Enrollment Management Plan (line 17 of Strategic Plan)
- Internal talent development, technology, data analysis, and modernizing college policies, procedures and processes. Tactics include:
- Develop resources to support fiscal literacy and access (line 26 of Strategic Plan)
- Develop the leading and lagging indicators, benchmarks, and targets related to the Core Measures (line 28 of Strategic Plan)
- Enhance data training regarding data availability, usability, and analysis (line 29 of Strategic Plan)
- Establish reporting cycle for programmatic and common learning outcome assessment (line 31 of Strategic Plan)
- Expand professional development opportunities (line 40 of Strategic Plan)
- Implement technology to effectively enhance information sharing and storytelling (line 50 of Strategic Plan)
- Academic assessment and program development, college and community partnerships, and work-based learning opportunities. Tactics include:
- Create Academic Master Plan (line 54 of Strategic Plan)
- Re-envisioning the emphasis of the satellite campus locations (line 56 of Strategic Plan)
- Prepare and complete Aims Community College’s assurance report to the Higher Learning Commission (due June 2022) – not a strategic plan item
- Lead institution through continue pandemic/ post-pandemic phases (“Pillars” plus) – not a strategic plan item
Learn more about the role of the CEO/President.
The Cabinet is composed of the senior executive leadership team and works closely with the President, Board of Trustees, and academic leadership to provide advice, develop and implement college-wide initiatives and oversee operations.
Each Cabinet member and corresponding team enhances the overall environment at Aims. At a glance, the Cabinet:
- supports the CEO/President and Board of Trustees in pursuit of their defined goals
- creates a community culture built around inclusivity and diversity
- manages financial resources to maintain fiscal stability
- optimizes marketing campaigns
- communicates with the public
- manages the IT team to ensure technology works to empower the college to do its work
- defines future technology strategies to align with the college’s strategic goals
- advises and counsels on all matters related to employee relations
The CEO/President of Aims and the Cabinet are dedicated to the work required to support the success of students, staff and faculty.