Office of the President
The members within the president’s office include the CEO/President, Board of Trustees and Executive Cabinet. Together, they work to provide continuous leadership to the staff and faculty at Aims Community College. They represent the interests of Aims while upholding all policies in order to align with the purpose, vision, mission and values of the college.
The President’s Office uses a framework prioritizing the goals and responsibilities that will best allow for student success and a strong community culture.
The 2018-2023 Aims Strategic Plan is the framework by which the president, Board of Trustees and staff operate to empower students to succeed. Additionally, it lays out how the college is working to enhance operational performance and enrich Northern Colorado’s economic development. The goal is to complete each outlined initiative by the end of the 2022-2023 school year.
Benchmarks and current performance toward the Strategic Plan’s core measures of access, retention, learning, completion and impact are outlined in the Core Measure Report.
Staff continuously works toward the purpose of building a stronger community, reaching the vision of being First Choice: The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success and fulfilling the mission to provide knowledge and skills to advance the quality of life, economic vitality and overall success of diverse communities.
Each year, Aims puts out an annual report to the community. This comprehensive release includes the status of each tactic within the strategic plan, an at-a-glance profile of the college’s student body, how the college is making an impact within the community and a look into the distribution of funds for student aid and more.
In working toward the initiatives set forth in the Strategic Plan, Aims Community College outlines the CEO/President’s goals each academic year. Not only does this provide a clear direction for the president, but also offers transparency to students, staff and the community.
The president will:
- Prioritize tactics around the areas of student access, success, retention and completion in order to support enrollment and better serve diverse populations. Some of these tactics include:
- Increasing degree attainment by adult learners
- Examining opportunities to positively impact college climate
- Increase online student retention
- Developing and implementing a college-wide retention plan
- Focus on internal talent development through technology, data analysis and modernizing current practices. Some of these tactics include:
- Enhancing data training
- Expanding faculty training opportunities
- Improving IT infrastructure and operations
- Developing indicators, benchmarks and targets related to the Core Measures
- Further develop academic assessments and programs, college and community partnerships and work-based learning opportunities by:
- Increasing non-credit offerings
- Re-envisioning satellite campus locations
- Prepare for the institutional assurance report to the Higher Learning Commission for Accreditation.
Learn more about the role of the CEO/President.
The Executive Cabinet is composed of the Senior Executive Leadership team and works closely with the President, Board of Trustees, and academic leadership to provide advice, develop and implement college-wide initiatives and oversee operations.
Each executive member and corresponding team enhances the overall environment at Aims. At a glance the executive cabinet:
- creates a community culture built around inclusivity and diversity
- manages financial resources to maintain fiscal stability
- optimizes marketing campaigns
- communicates with the public
- manages the IT team to ensure technology works to empower the college to do its work
- defines future technology strategies to align with the college’s strategic goals
- advises and counsels on all matters related to employee relations
- supports the CEO/President and Board of Trustees in pursuit of their defined goals
Office of the President Staff
The CEO/President of Aims and the Executive Cabinet administrators are dedicated to the work required to support the success of students, staff and faculty.