Aims Community College invites the community to the fifth annual Great Aardvark Embark Balloon Launch on Saturday, Sept. 24. The event field opens to the public at 6:30 a.m. Balloons are estimated to launch between 7 and 7:30 a.m.
Great Aardvark Embark Balloon Launch on Aims Community College’s Greeley Campus
Aims encourages the community to watch professional pilots from Colorado Balloon Club set up, inflate and launch. The event is held in the field north of Cornerstone Building on the Greeley Campus, 5401 West 20th St.
Breakfast burritos and coffee are available onsite at Arty's Grub to Go food truck. All proceeds benefit Arty's Pantry, an on-campus food bank. Arty's Pantry ensures that all Aims students have access to food and the basic supplies they need to succeed.
“We love bringing the community onto campus for fun events, and the Great Aardvark Embark is a unique reason to check out what the college offers.” Said Aims Director of Events Christina Edwards. “The community seems particularly excited about the Great Aardvark Embark this year, and we expect a record crowd on campus. We want it to be fun for the whole family, so in addition to the balloon launch, we're planning to have a chalk art contest and more.”
Aims Community College values the safety of all onsite and will follow state and local safety guidelines. Please keep the following in mind:
- This event is weather dependent. Weather conditions may alter launch times and event status. Aims staff will post event day conditions and updates on the event page at events.aims.edu.
- Please follow parking signs and park legally. Parts of Winograd Lane (inside the Aims Campus) will be closed for pedestrian safety.
- Smoking is not permitted at the event.
- Participants are not allowed to fly drones at the event.
- Please leave your pets at home; only service animals are permitted.
- No overnight parking is allowed.
- Hot air balloon rides will not be offered, sold or given away.
- To request accommodations for this event, call 970-339-6388 or email email@example.com.
Visit events.aims.edu for additional information on this and other community events at Aims Community College.
- Press Release
- General Public