Aims students can find information, tools, and resources in this comprehensive list of links related to issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.
The Aims Center for Diversity & Inclusion offers unwavering support for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy and immigrant students and families. On June 18, 2020, the Supreme Court upheld and recognized the valuable contribution DACA recipients make to higher education.
In July 2021, a federal court judge in Texas recently ruled DACA unlawful, blocking new first-time applicants. We recognize the uncertainty, fear, and anxiety that this ruling has on many students.
In an effort to provide a community of support for our DACA students, the Center for Diversity and Inclusion would like to provide a list of helpful resources for the Aims Community.
- Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition
- Immigration Law Help
- National Immigration Law Center
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild
- NoCo Immigrant Rights Coalition
- United We Dream
- U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services
- U.S. Department of Justice
There are also several bills on the docket in the Colorado legislature this year regarding legal residency:
- HB21-1194 Establish a legal defense fund for immigrants
- SB21-199 Remove barriers to receiving public benefits
- HB21-1150 Create Office of New Americans
- SB21-077 Eliminate proof of lawful presence prior to issuing professional, occupational, and business licenses
- SB-131 Enact stricter protection of personal identifying information kept by state agencies
- HB21-1075 Replace term "illegal alien" with "worker without authorization" as it relates to public contracts for services.
- National LGBTQ Task Force
- Q Research Institute for Higher Education, Campus Pride
- Human Rights Campaign
- My Pronouns
- Trans Student Educational Resources
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- The Body is Not an Apology
- Emphasizing and Empowering the T in LGBTQ for Allies and Transgender People in Tech
Aims Veteran Services & Benefit Information
- Education Benefits at Aims Community College | Aims Veteran Services
- Whiskey Tango Sierra - Warriors to Scholars Student Veterans Organization
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, Education and Training
- Veterans Benefits - Payment Rates
- Military Transcripts
- Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation provides resources for Veterans with disabilities
- Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) provides healthcare to Veterans with a focus on mental health, and supports successful integration into campus life. Contact Aims' VITAL representation to schedule an appointment
- Veterans Transition Support (VTS) provides "job training and one-on-one mentoring in career development, education planning and obtaining Veteran benefits to launch their next career and prevent Veteran suicide, homelessness, unemployment, and family disintegration."
- Onward to Opportunity (O2O)
- Northern Colorado Veterans Resource Center
- Veterati pairs service members (active or Veteran) or military spouses with mentors who hold positions in a person's ideal/chosen field.
- Cheyenne VA Medical Center
- Fort Collins Vet Center
- Warrior Storyfield
- The Patriot Anglers
- Qualified Listeners Veteran & Family Resource Hub
- Weld County | Veterans Employment Services
- Colorado Advisory Council on Military Education