Embarking on a successful experience with the Career Advance Colorado program begins with understanding and fulfilling the student eligibility requirements. This initiative, designed to foster a thriving Colorado, presents an invaluable opportunity for prospective students to access quality education without the financial burden. Below, we outline the criteria you must meet to enroll in the program and provide guidance on ensuring your academic pathway aligns with your chosen program.
Student Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to partake in the Career Advance Colorado program, prospective students must adhere to the following criteria:
- Declared an approved degree/certificate program at Aims Community College.
- Residence in Colorado or status as an ASSET student.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Completion of either FAFSA or CASFA.
Furthermore, students are expected to maintain:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Any enrollment status - full-time, half-time, or less than half-time are all acceptable.
Please note the following guidelines concerning the allocation and restriction of funding:
- Award amounts are determined based on the tuition, fees, and course material costs associated with the eligible program.
- Students receiving tuition, fees, and material costs from third-party payments (e.g., employer, sponsor) will not qualify for Career Advance Colorado funds.
- Funding covers only the mandatory courses within the degree/certificate program, excluding any additional courses enrolled outside the core requirements.
- Students can combine federal/state grants, scholarships, work-study, and loans with Career Advance Colorado funding, up to their total cost of attendance. However, this might reduce the Career Advance Colorado funds awarded.
- Students who want to use VA education benefits and Career Advance should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to be advised on funding options. Based on enrollment and eligibility a student may only be able to fully use one or the other.
To guarantee that your courses align with your degree or certificate program's requirements:
- Consult your advisor to confirm the necessity of your chosen courses.
- If unsure about the appropriate program for your goals, contact your Academic Advisor. They are available to assist you in aligning your educational pathway with the suitable courses to facilitate graduation in your selected program of study.