English as a Second Language Classes
We offer five levels of language acquisition classes, for beginners to more advanced users of English. We offer classes in the mornings and evenings to help fit English learning into your schedule.
How the ESL Program Works
Any students wishing to take English classes will start by taking a placement exam on campus. This will allow us to place you into the correct level of class.
At Aims, you have the opportunity to learn English with:
- Personalized support
- Friendly, qualified instructors
- The choice of morning or evening classes
- Additional opportunities to advance into a GED or college program
Each level of ESL class is one semester long and we make it easy for you to stay enrolled until you complete the fifth and final level.
Each level of class is offered every semester: fall, spring and summer. Classes are held two days per week and students can choose to take classes on Mondays and Wednesdays OR Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Students will have the choice of taking a:
- Morning session (9 a.m. - noon)
- Evening session (6 - 9 p.m.)
ESL classes are $305 per semester (equivalent cost to a 3-credit course at Aims). Each class provides 90 hours of English practice. Students enrolled also receive other benefits such as using the Physical Education and Recreation Center or taking other Adult Education programs such as the GED Program and College-Boost for free.
How to Enroll
To enroll in ESL classes (or to get more information about the program), you can contact us in one of four ways:
- Fill out the ESL Application and we will reach out to you.
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at 970-339-6665.
- Stop into our location at Cornerstone Building, Room 153.