Career Services is an essential part of the Transitions Center at Aims Community College. The team’s purpose is to empower and equip diverse student and alumni populations with the strategies, tools and confidence to explore, discover and pursue their career goals.
How Career Services Helps
- Engages students early and often in conversations that foster growth
- Encourages students to explore career possibilities, and help them identify and articulate their knowledge, skills and abilities
- Helps students set career goals, gain industry-relevant experiences, cultivate career readiness skills and present themselves in professional settings with confidence
- Assists students with transitioning their educational experiences to their career pathways
- Develops intentional collaborations with campus and community partners, alumni and employers to help students reach their career goals
Aims students have access to a wide variety of tools, services and other resources to help them prepare for a successful career.
The Aims Student Job Board program provides students and alumni with all types of job opportunities, career search tools, tips and more.
Aims hosts events and workshops for students looking to build their knowledge, skills, and abilities to prepare for their careers and provide employers the opportunity to connect with students throughout the year on all campuses.
Faculty and staff play a critical role in helping students prepare for their career pathways.
Career Services offers several opportunities for employers to connect with and recruit Aims students and alumni at no charge.