Career Services is an essential part of the Transitions Center at Aims Community College. The team offers the diverse student and alumni populations at Aims the resources and tools to explore, discover, and pursue their career goals.
How Career Services Helps
- Engages students early and often in career coaching conversations and activities that
- promote career exploration, discovery, and goal-setting;
- encourage growth and development of career readiness competencies, and;
- assist with articulating their knowledge, skills, abilities, and previous experiences (educational, personal, and professional.)
- Assist students in identifying and connecting with meaningful work experiences that align with their short and long-term career goals; and
- Developing intentional collaborations with campus and community partners, alumni, and employers to help students reach their career goals
Students can make an appointment to engage with career coaches on anything career related.
Schedule an appointment with Lynn if you are interested in:
- Resume/Cover letter assistance
- Interview preparation/Mock-interview
- Job search strategies/handshake support
Schedule an appointment with Ty' Ray if you are interested in:
- Coaching: What do I want to do for a career?
- Exploration: I want to learn more about a career!
- Planning: How do I get to my career?