Career Services offers several opportunities for employers to connect with and recruit Aims students and alumni at no charge. Please note that Career Services does not offer job placement at this time.
Purple Briefcase is the online job board for Aims students and alumni that allows employers to:
- Post and manage part-time, full-time and internship opportunities
- Create a visual company profile that Aims students can search and view to learn about the company
- Conduct searches for qualified applicants and view student profiles that outline their work history, academic accolades and extracurricular info
- If you already have a Purple Briefcase account, email Career Services to receive the Aims Community College employer code
In addition to posting job announcements on Purple Briefcase, employers can email job announcements or flyers for distribution to select faculty and staff to share with students and alumni. Distribution is tailored by industry and degree-programs.
Email your job announcement/flyer to email@example.com.
By advertising positions to Aims students, employers agree that they have read and understood Aims Career Services Job Disclaimer.
Employers can schedule recruiting tables on any of the four Aims campuses.
Recruiting tables are available Tuesday through Thursday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. most weeks in the Fall & Spring semesters.
Recruiting Table Guidelines
- Recruiting tables be scheduled at least one week in advance
- Employers check-in with Career Services or designee upon arrival (sign-in sheets will be provided and should be returned before departure)
- Employers bring materials that clearly display your organization’s name and recruiting materials such as organizational brochures, business cards, job descriptions, applications, hiring flyers, etc. You are welcome to bring promotional items or giveaways. Recruiters who require electric connections will need to bring an extension cord, along with materials to prevent a tripping hazard
- Employers refrain from bringing any food items, aside from individually-wrapped candy
- Employers refrain from aggressive recruitment tactics while on campus
To schedule a recruitment table, call 970-339-6508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note -- By advertising positions to Aims students, employers are agreeing that they have read and understood Aims Career Services Job Disclaimer.
The presence or communication of job announcements on any website (including Purple Briefcase) maintained by Career Services does not indicate an endorsement or recommendation by Aims Community College or Career Services.
Career Services resources are provided free of charge to employers and to students/alumni seeking jobs. All hiring and compensation for work performed is handled directly between the student/alumnus and the employer.
Career Services does not perform background checks on students/alumni applying for jobs, nor on employers posting job opportunities. Employers and students/alumni are encouraged to request reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications, credentials and the fit between the employer and the student/alumnus applicant.
All job listings are posted at the discretion of Career Services. Career Service's policy prohibits discrimination in hiring and/or recruiting on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, creed, disability, military status, marital status (of coworkers), genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Career Services also reserves the right to refuse to post jobs that do not support the interests of the College or its students. Additionally, Career Services reserves the right to deactivate an employer’s account.
Career Services does not provide a referral service and makes no particular recommendation to students/alumni regarding employers. We make no representations or guarantees about positions posted by this office.
Career Services follows general NACE guidelines in working with third-party agencies, and provides direct assistance to third party agencies which meet the following general criteria:
- Charge no fees to candidates
- Reveal the identity of the employer(s) being represented in the posting. (We in Career Services at Aims Community College will not attempt to redirect business away from third-party recruiters by offering to deal directly with the employer.)
- In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), release candidate information only to the identified employer. Re-disclosure of candidate information to other employers or entities is not permitted without the explicit written consent of the candidate.
- Provide a position description for a valid opening
- Comply with Federal and State Equal Employment Opportunity laws.
Please refer to NACE’s Principles for Professional Conduct for Center for Career Readiness and Employment Professionals for more details.