The Student Government Association (SGA) is the representative body for Aims students. SGA actively seeks student opinions on college policies, procedures, and programs, and advocates on behalf of student interests to the Board of Trustees, administration, staff, and faculty.
SGA's responsibilities include providing funding for student organizations and other student-centered initiatives, sitting on Aims councils and committees to represent the student voice, and finding creative ways to connect with and solicit feedback from students.
The SGA Executive Board has six officer positions:
- Executive Vice President for Finance
- Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Vice President for Administrative Services
- Vice President for Public Relations
- Vice President for Student Engagement, Inclusion, and Success.
Each Vice President serves as a representative for Aims students in four functional areas at Aims Community College. The SGA Vice Presidents hold the same responsibilities but focused on a different area.