The beginning of the fall semester at Aims Community College is a time of renewed energy and boundless possibilities as the campus comes alive with the spirit of learning, camaraderie, and the pursuit of dreams. It can also be overwhelming, but who better to guide you than those who have been where you are now?
Tips from Recent Aims Graduates to Kickstart Your Semester
We've gathered invaluable advice from recent Aims grads, covering everything from building relationships with professors to joining clubs and attending events. Read on for their insights to help you make the most of your time at Aims and create a memorable, successful college experience.
Advice from Spring 2023 Graduates
- Don’t be scared to speak out during class; it can be intimidating, especially if you are unsure about the answer. Trying shows that you care. Attending office hours with professors will help develop relationships and help you better succeed when you struggle. Also, go to events. There are so many opportunities to meet people and enjoy activities at Aims. - Hannah
- Enjoy your time at Aims and use all the resources provided to you. Make sure to reach out to any of the faculty members for any questions that you might have. Be involved with events that are offered! - Nifasha
- Advocate, advocate, advocate. It is easy to be swayed into doing something you are not entirely sure you want to do or to be doing something you are not ready for, but you are your ultimate greatest advocate. You know what you need and you know what you do not need. Do not be afraid to voice that. - Adrian
- Don't wait till your last year to step out of your comfort zone! Believe in yourself, and try something new. You just might surprise yourself! Also, the Student Commons has pool tables! - Justin
- Don’t be afraid! Aims supports you whether you are just out of high school, a transfer student, or decided to switch life paths. Aims is here for you throughout it all. I never felt alone while attending Aims. - Lyndsey
- Go out and participate in the events and activities Aims has to offer. This is a great opportunity to meet new people and people who are similar to you. It is nerve-wracking but definitely worth it. - Fatima
- Try your best to find a community in a work-study position or club. This is really the best way to find meaningful connections. - Azucena
- Get involved. I have served as president of the Aims Ag Club for the last two years and this has enabled me to make lifelong friendships as well as career-based connections. Taking advantage of what Aims has to offer gives you a sense of belonging and empowerment. - Rylie
- The whole community is helping us succeed. We must do the work to make our family proud. Although we are not defined by our family where we came from, we are defined by our efforts to what we put into our families. Be persistent and always honor the promise you made to yourself! - Antonio
As you embark on your educational journey at Aims, let these words of wisdom from recent graduates inspire and empower you.
As you take off on your journey at Aims this semester, remember you are not alone. College is more than just going to class. Take part in extracurricular activities, attend campus events, and utilize student resources to make your Aims experience the best it can be. The office of Student Life is a great place to start and get connected.
These events at each Aims campus include a resource fair, great music, exclusive t-shirts, outdoor games, and food. It’s all free.
- Greeley Campus | August 30 @ 11 a.m. -1:30 p.m. (Outside the Student Commons Building)
- Loveland Campus | September 6 @ 11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. (Lobby)
- Windsor Campus | September 12 @ 11:45 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. (Outdoors between buildings)
- Fort Lupton Campus |September 14 @ noon-2 p.m. (Outdoors between buildings)
Follow and Tag #AimsCC
Follow Aims on social media to keep up with the latest news, events and student happenings on campus. Aims is on Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube and more. Join the Students of Aims Community College Facebook Group and new Student Life Instagram to stay connected to other students. Share your Aims experiences this semester by posting content and tagging us on social media using the hashtags #AimsCC and #ProudToBeAnAardvark.
- Blog Post
- General Public