Paramedic Application Information
- Applications for Fall 2022 are due by May 2, 2022.
- Applicants will be confirmed for testing by May 9, 2022.
- Applicants will select interview date and time between May 9 and May 13, 2022.
- Applicant interview and testing process to be conducted via Zoom between May 16 and May 20, 2022.
- Classes begin for accelerated and online paramedic programs on August 22, 2022.
- Classes begin for traditional paramedic program on August 26, 2022.
Before applying to the Aims paramedic program, you must meet these four minimum requirements:
- Current State of Colorado EMT Certification: Basic, Intermediate or Advanced (AEMT)
- Current AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers CPR Certification
- Proof of completion of the EMS IV/IO Therapy class (EMS 132)
- Proof of completion of a college-level biology course
Additionally, while not required, it’s helpful to have one to two years of either paid or volunteer experience working as an EMT (basic, intermediate or advanced) for an ambulance agency, fire department or emergency department.
After applying to the Aims paramedic program, you’ll need to meet the following criteria in order to be accepted:
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Provide proof of all current immunizations required by Aims (see the paramedic program checklist below)
Paramedic Program Prerequisite Checklist and Resources
Here is a checklist of the requirements needed to apply for and be accepted to the paramedic program at Aims. At this link, you'll also find resources such as sample program tracks for nurses and intermediate-to-advanced EMTs and estimated costs for the paramedic program.
Click here to apply to the Aims paramedic program.