Are you a compassionate and driven person who wants to make a positive impact in your community? Are you looking for an intense, fast-paced career that offers the chance to help people?
In this paramedic associate degree program, you’ll receive intensive hands-on training from experienced instructors who will prepare you for a career as a paramedic. If you’re an emergency medical technician in Colorado and are ready to advance your career to become a paramedic, you can earn a two-year paramedic degree at Aims.
Your paramedic degree training will include:
- In-depth study of subjects including pharmacology, cardiology, trauma and life-saving techniques
- An advanced simulation studio where you’ll apply concepts learned in class
- State-of-the-art lab equipment, including EMS training manikins that display human-like neurological and physiological symptoms and an Anatomage virtual cadaver table for studying anatomy and physiology
- Training at the Aims Public Safety Institute in Windsor, Colorado, including fully functioning ambulances
- Clinical hospital rotations in multiple departments, including emergency, labor and delivery, and helicopter
- Internships where you’ll put your education into practice in the field
Based at the Windsor campus at a facility created to function like a fire station, the Public Safety Institute has a study lounge, kitchen, workout room and a state-of-the-art simulation studio with realistic settings like those you’ll encounter on the job. The Aims paramedic program was designed by seasoned professionals who will run you through actual scenarios they’ve experienced in the field.
The Aims paramedic degree program emphasizes leadership abilities, making it unique from many other paramedic training programs. A large portion of your grade is based on your decision-making and diagnostic skills as a team lead during scenario-based labs.
The CAAHEP-accredited Aims paramedic associate degree program prepares you for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) paramedic certification exam. The Aims paramedic degree program has an exceptional pass rate. Take the NREMT exam with confidence and embark on a new career phase as an EMS team leader.
If you’re just beginning your emergency medical services (EMS) career, read about the Aims EMT certificate program and how to apply.
If you’re a motivated and experienced EMT or RN ready to advance to the next step in your career, earning a paramedic associate degree at Aims can put you on an exciting new career path.