Early Childhood Education
Are you interested in working with young children and starting a career in education? As knowledge of child development grows, the need for skilled early childhood education specialists will also increase. The Aims early childhood education associate degree program gives you the training you need to begin a rewarding career in the classroom.
The early childhood education associate degree program at Aims can help you develop entry-level childhood classroom teaching skills. You’ll study subjects including child development, curriculum techniques and leadership skills to help you learn how to manage a busy classroom. Classes in human relations and administration prepare you to lead a child care facility as an administrator.
Aims offers two early childhood education associate degree programs:
- If you want to pursue a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, you can complete the coursework at Aims to earn an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree and transfer to a four-year college or university as a junior.
- The Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in early childhood education degree is a good option if you want to start your early childhood education career by earning a two-year degree.
If you’re an experienced teacher, you can also upgrade existing skills to advance your career by earning certificates or pursuing one of the early childhood education associate degree options at Aims.
Earn your early childhood education associate degree at Aims and start a rewarding career where you can make a difference in the lives of young children and their families.
Instructor Laura Killen-Wing describes the challenges and rewards of classroom management and working with young children in the Aims early childhood education associate degree program.
With every early childhood education degree course, build your knowledge and skills to prepare you for work in education. The philosophical and educational framework that guides the early childhood education associate degree program at Aims is rooted in developmentally appropriate practice with children and adult learners, including:
- Being an intentional teacher
- Creating a community of learners
- Teaching to enhance development and learning
- Planning curriculum to achieve important goals
- Assessing children’s development and learning
- Establishing relationships
The early childhood education degree program will also help you seek employment by helping you build resume writing and job interviewing skills.
Gain knowledge in early child development and study early childhood education skills and techniques, including:
- Classroom management and guidance
- Classroom organization and planning
- Curriculum development
- Communication with students, families and coworkers
- Advocacy for children and their families
During several classes in this degree program, you’ll have the opportunity to observe and interact with children in actual classrooms. Internships will give you hands-on student teaching experience.
The early childhood education associate degree program at Aims also teaches soft skills that are important to employers. These include listening, communication, time management, self-care, and critical thinking.
- Early Childhood Education Entry Certificate
- Child Care Center Director Certificate
Launch Your Early Childhood Education Career
If you enjoy being with young children and are interested in becoming a teacher, the early childhood education associate degree program can help you start your career.
The types of jobs you can get with an early childhood education associate degree include:
- Preschool teacher
- Assistant teacher
- Curriculum specialist
- Head Start teacher
- Child care center director
Early Childhood Education Faculty and Staff
Learn from instructors with early childhood education classroom teaching experience. While earning your early childhood education associate degree, gain feedback from people who can help you make connections between classroom theory and real-world practice.
Are you ready to get started?
Degree at a Glance
Degree TypeAssociate of Applied Science
*Check Cashier's Office for current tuition rates