Are you looking for flexible options for earning a bachelor’s degree? Also called transfer degrees, liberal arts associate degree programs are available at all Aims campuses. The associate degree in liberal arts is designed to fulfill the first two years of your four-year degree.
Aims offers two liberal arts degree options for students who want to transfer to a four-year college or university:
- Associate of Arts, Liberal Arts (A.A. degree)
- Associate of Science, Liberal Arts (A.S. degree)
According to an analysis by CNBC, the tuition cost at public colleges and universities has increased by nearly 30% since the late 1970s, with the most significant jump occurring over the last decade. As one of the most affordable two-year colleges in Colorado, Aims is a great place to kick off your college experience.
Build a solid foundation toward earning a bachelor’s degree with a liberal arts associate degree at Aims.
- To earn a bachelor’s degree in a subject area other than science, mathematics or technology
- If you’re not sure what subject you’d like to focus on and want more transfer options
- To gain more flexibility in choosing elective courses such as art, English or history
If you’re a STEM student interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in:
- a pre-professional degree
Both of these Aims liberal arts transfer degree with designation programs offer several distinct advantages:
- Earn your general education requirements with smaller class sizes and more personalized attention from instructors.
- Learn from instructors who are passionate about teaching.
- Build a foundation of “soft skills” that employers want from prospective employees, including written and oral communication, critical thinking and teamwork.
- Transfer to your chosen four-year institution as a junior.
- You have the option to earn a “degree with designation” and take liberal arts courses toward your major at a four-year college or university.
A degree with designation (DWD) is similar to declaring a major at a four-year college or university. If you know the subject in which you’d like to earn a bachelor’s degree, you can earn a liberal arts degree with designation at Aims.
These liberal arts degree concentrations allow you to focus your coursework in a particular subject area. The DWD option gives you a head start toward your major when you transfer to a four-year school as a junior in that degree path. Choosing a degree with designation also gives you opportunities to connect with other students and faculty who share your interests.
The associate of arts liberal arts degrees are a good option if you’d like to earn a bachelor’s degree in a subject area other than science, mathematics or technology. These degrees give you more flexibility in choosing elective courses including art, English, or history. Click the links to learn more about specific degree programs or speak with your advisor for information about any degrees that are not currently linked.
Focus your studies in a variety of areas including:
- Political Science
- Public Health
- Studio Art
The associate of science liberal arts degree at Aims is a good option if you’re a STEM student interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, science, technology, engineering or a pre-professional degree such as veterinary medicine. Click the links to learn more about specific degree programs or speak with your advisor for information about any degrees that are not currently linked.
Choose from a variety of programs including:
Are you ready to get started?