We have partnered with Okta, the world's leading identity and access management solution, to provide an easy, consistent, and secure login experience to a multitude of online applications and services.
Whether you’re a student, faculty, or staff member at the college, you undoubtedly use numerous web applications like Google, D2L, or Workday on a regular basis. Since each of these applications require a password, the number of passwords that we’re responsible for is also growing, making them difficult to manage safely. Okta addresses this problem by bringing all your applications together in one place and giving you instant access with one secure login.
Single Sign-On, or SSO, is exactly what it sounds like: you sign in once, and you have easy access to every application you need, without being prompted to sign in for each one. Okta’s cloud-based SSO platform allows users to enter one username and password to access multiple applications. You can access all of your web applications, both behind the firewall and in the cloud, with a single login credential. The Okta Dashboard, known as myApps, is tailored to each of your devices, providing a seamless experience across PCs, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
Improved User Experience
With SSO, there’s no need to remember separate usernames and passwords or have to sign in each time you navigate to a different application.
The myApps dashboard provides quick and easy access to all of your applications without having to remember a distinct login URL for each app.
Reduced Help Tickets
SSO reduces the need for help desk requests and password resets.
All of your applications in one convenient location without having to continually sign in to different applications saves time.
You are able to come up with a stronger password since you only need to remember one.
Know Your Apps
All of your apps are displayed on your myApps dashboard from day one.
- From the Aims website, click myAims. If you have not already logged in, click Log in.
- Log in with your Aims username and password when prompted.
- Under myAims, click myApps.
From your myAims home page, click myApps.
You can alternatively click myAims along the top and then click myApps
- To change your Aims password, sign in to myApps and click on your name in the top right corner and then click Settings.
- Under 'Change Password', enter your current password, new password and repeat new password. Click Change Password.
- If you have forgotten your Aims password, navigate to the myApps page and click Need help signing in?
- Click Forgot password?
- Enter your email or username and then select how you want the verification code to be sent to you.
- Upon receiving the code, enter it and then click Verify.
- Answer your Forgotten Password Challenge and then click Reset Password.
- Enter your new password twice to confirm and then click Reset Password.
- To change your forgotten password question, sign in to myApps and click on your name in the top right corner and then click Settings.
- Click Edit next to 'Forgotten Password Question'.
- Select the question and then provide the answer. Click Save.
You can manage your MFA factors from the Settings page. This is useful if you get a new smartphone or want to set up additional factors which we highly recommend.
- To update your MFA factors, sign in to myApps and click on your name in the top right corner and then click Settings. If prompted, click on Edit Profile and verify your identity.
- Under 'Extra Verification', click either Remove or Set up depending on your needs.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.