Advising is based around a one-student, one-advisor model. This means you will ideally meet with one academic advisor throughout your entire academic career at Aims.Your advisor serves as your point of contact for your advising questions, general concerns, campus resources and success support.
Visit the Meet Your Advisor page to find your Pathway Advisor’s specific contact information.
Students are assigned an advisor with their chosen pathway once they become a student at Aims. Pathway Advisor assignments are made according to each student’s campus and declared major.
As a new or returning student, your Pathway Advisor will work with you to:
- Explain various educational pathways
- Confirm your academic and career goals
- Identify classes that will meet those goals
- Assist with the online registration process
- Inform you of important campus and community resources helpful for your success
It is recommended that current students meet with their Pathway Advisor at least once each semester.
During these appointments, a Pathway Advisor can assist you with the following:
- Short-term and long-term goal setting
- Developing an education plan that outlines your courses all the way to graduation
- Learning graduation requirements and other policies/procedures of Aims Community College
- Monitoring and discussing your academic progress
- Referring you to academic, career, financial, social, and wellness resources that may assist you
- Discussing any concerns or obstacles, you are facing during the semester and helping you get back on track
- Connecting with a faculty mentor in your area of study as well as leadership and experiential learning opportunities
- Academic probation and suspension recovery
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Remote or by appointment