Main Content Area


Out of State/Non-Resident

If your residency status is Out-of-State/Non-Resident for the current term, you have the following options for changing your residency status:

  • Complete a Petition for In-State Tuition Classification request form following all term deadlines
  • Appeal the decision of a previously denied Petition for In-State Tuition Classification request form
    • To do this, email
      • Title your email as “Appeal Request”
      • Indicate in the message text the grounds for your appeal
  • If you have had a denied residency appeal or if you have missed the deadline for submitting a residency change form for the term in question, then your residency status will remain as listed for the current term.

*please note that residency cannot be changed retroactively
**If you have questions about your residency status, please email