- 2019 - PhD Educational Psychology, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO
- 2019 - PhD Minor Higher Education Student Affairs, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO
- 2019 - PhD Minor Statistics Research Methods, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO
- 2010 - M.A., Educational Psychology, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado
- 2007 - B.A., Psychology, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado
- 2004 - A.A.S., Computer Information Systems, Aims Community College, Greeley, CO
- 2004 - A. A. Liberal Arts, Aims Community College, Greeley, CO
- 2004 - Certificates (UNIX, Visual Basic Programming), Aims Community College, Greeley, CO
A proud alumna of Aims, Dr. Flores graduated with her associate degree in 2004 and went on to receive a BA degree at the University of Northern Colorado where she continued her graduate studies. While finishing her Master’s degree, she taught for four years at UNC and recently received her PhD in Educational Psychology with a Doctoral Minor in Higher Education Student Affairs Leadership (HESA) as well as a Doctoral Minor in Statistics and Research Methods (SRM).
Dr. Flores has taught for the Psychology Department at Aims for seven years, teaching a wide array of psychology courses. While she enjoys teaching, she is also passionate about student leadership and development. She served as the former advisor for Beta Kappa Lambda, a local chapter of the national honor society of Phi Theta Kappa. This aligned with her past position at UNC, where she worked under the Office of Student Engagement and the Center for Honors, Scholars and Leaders as the Graduate Assistant for the Stryker Institute for Leadership Development. She holds true to the mantra of "making a difference today by transforming the lives of student leaders." She is currently a co-advisor for a second student organization, the Aims Ambassadors for Christ.
Outside of academia, Dr. Flores enjoys most of the outdoor pursuits Colorado has to offer. She is particularly grateful for any time she can spend skiing, hiking, and camping with her family.