Combine your passions for agriculture and business to learn how the world’s food supply gets from the field to the table. Study the operating practices and business principles required to succeed in the food, fiber and related agriculture business industries.
Areas of study for an agribusiness degree include:
- Farm and ranch management
- Agricultural finance, accounting and marketing
- Livestock production
- Feeds and feeding
- Crop production
- Soil science
The Aims agricultural business degree offers two degree tracks designed to help you meet your career goals:
- You can pursue an agribusiness associate of applied science degree and enter the workforce directly after completing the two-year program.
- If you plan to go on to earn a bachelor’s degree at a participating public four-year Colorado school, you can choose the agriculture business liberal arts associate of science degree with designation.
The program ensures you have access to small classes with plenty of opportunities for one-on-one instruction, and offers a foundation of technical, business and hands-on skills that will help you build a successful career.
"For our students, success comes in a variety of forms…they want to have a job or move on to continue their education…They want to be a marketable employee and find where they fit in our agricultural industry as a whole and Aims catapults them and helps them to do that."
--Amy McFarland, Agricultural Sciences and Technology Chair
Amy McFarland, Chair of the Agricultural Sciences and Technology Department explains how the Agriculture Business program at Aims seeks to give students an education that prepares them for success if they go on to a four-year school or enter the workforce after completing their two-year degree.
The agribusiness degree program at Aims teaches the key operating techniques and business skills used in the modern food and fiber industries. The coursework builds your knowledge and hands-on experience develops the skills you need to manage a business in agriculture or associated industries.
In the Aims agricultural business degree program, you’ll gain skills in:
- Applying the principles of finance, economics, business and marketing to a farm or ranch operation
- Systems and methods of marketing crops and livestock
- Accounting principles that apply to business
- Livestock breeding, health, housing and feed
- Production and adaptation of cultivated crops
Additional core credits teach professional skills that help you communicate clearly, present yourself to employers, interact with peers, and apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Introduction to Agriculture Business Management
- Agricultural Business Management Certificate
Launch Your Career in Agribusiness
As the world population continues to grow, so does the need to fill positions in businesses that supply the food chain and the companies that support them. An agribusiness degree from Aims prepares you for a wide variety of career possibilities in many areas of the ever-growing agriculture industry.
An agricultural business degree from Aims teaches the technical and interpersonal skills that you need to either transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree at a participating public four-year Colorado school or enter the workforce prepared to succeed.
Examples of careers agribusiness program graduates might pursue include:
- Finance and banking
- Real estate
- Customer relations
- Public relations
- Farm and ranch management
- Livestock management
- Land management
- Policy lobbyist
- Wholesale distributors
- Farm machinery manufacturing
- Agriculture educator
Agriculture Business Faculty and Staff
The agriculture instructors at Aims have worked in many areas of agriculture and are nationally sought-after because of their expertise and ability. They can provide real-world insight and connections to help put your degree to work. Small class sizes mean you’ll receive plenty of individual instruction and chances to build relationships that can last a lifetime with instructors who are leaders in the industry.
Degree at a Glance
Degree TypeAssociate of Applied Science
*Check Cashier's Office for current tuition rates