Main Content Area

Transferring To Aims FAQ

This page provides answers to common questions students might have about transferring to Aims. Click on the links in the sidebar to view the questions and answers for other student enrollment and records-related topics.

Will my classes transfer to another college or university?

This depends on which courses you take at Aims and which program of study you will be working on at the transfer college. It is important that you work closely with your advisor and check with the receiving institution to determine if certain courses will transfer. We do have transfer guides to help us determine if a course is likely to transfer. Please note that a grade of “C” or better must be achieved in courses to be considered for transfer credit.


What are the state Guaranteed Transfer courses?

These courses will transfer to the receiving institution as completing either a general education requirement or a degree requirement for students who transfer to a Liberal Arts major at a Colorado four-year public college. These courses are marked with the GT identifier in the Aims catalog (Ex., SS1, CO1, etc.). More information about state Guaranteed Transfer courses and gtPathways may be found here or by contacting your Pathway Advisor.


Can I take other classes that will transfer besides the Guaranteed Transfer courses?

Absolutely. You will need to work closely with your Aims advisor as well as check with the specific four-year institution about the acceptance of transfer credits before you enroll. Some majors require specific general education courses to be completed as part of your two-year degree to finish a four-year degree in a timely manner. Please see the four-year transfer guides. Access the Approved Elective courses for the Associate of Arts and the Associate of Science degrees.


What is the process to have my transfer credits evaluated and how long does this take?

To have your transfer credits evaluated, have your official transcripts from all previously attended institutions sent directly to Aims.

Our address for mailing is:
P.O. Box 69
Greeley, CO 80632

Although we prefer a mailed transcript, we will accept a hand-carried official transcript only if it is sealed and signed by a college official. Unofficial and opened transcripts will not be evaluated.

Transfer credit evaluations will be completed within 30 working days after all documents (this includes the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form and all official transcripts as listed on the request) are received in the Student Enrollment Office.

Completed transfer evaluations do not include in-progress or previously completed Aims coursework. If you have questions about the applicability of previously completed or in-progress Aims coursework, please contact your Pathway Advisor.

You can learn more about transferring credit to Aims on the Transfer page. 


How can I be prepared to challenge status if a course is not accepted?

It is helpful to keep copies of academic records, such as course syllabi, course descriptions and special projects. You may use them to possibly document that you have met the competencies for any denied transfer course.