Students may register for Nurse Aide courses at orientation only. Please complete
the following steps before attending orientation:
- Apply to Aims Community College. Applications can be found at www.aims.edu. You must submit a completed application if you have never attended Aims or have
been absent for more than a year.
- You must meet the reading assessment requirement by providing documentation of one
of the following:
- A score of 17 or higher on the Reading section of the ACT (less than 3 years).
- A score of 430 or higher on the Verbal/Reading section of the SAT (less than 3 years)
on exams taken before 03/2016.
- A score of 470 or higher on the Verbal/Reading section of the SAT (less than 3 years)
on exams taken after 03/2016.
- Successful completion of a college level writing/English course with a C or higher
that is less than 10 years old from a regionally accredited institution.
- A score of 62 or higher on the Reading section of the Accuplacer placement exam.
For further information on the reading assessment requirement or Accuplacer exam,
contact the Testing Center or visit the testing center.
- Finally, attend a required orientation. There is no need to register for orientation,
but seating is limited so please plan to arrive early. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
Advisors will explain the requirements for the Nurse Aide program (immunizations,
background checks, etc.), which must be completed prior to the first day of classes.
At the end of orientation advisors will assist students in registering for Nurse Aide
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent and/or legal guardian must be present at
orientation to sign legal documents. If a parent and/or legal guardian is not present,
you will not be able to register for Nurse Aide classes.
Greeley campus orientations are offered at 10 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Allied Health and Sciences room,
Registration for the orientation is not necessary, but seating is limited. Please
arrive early. Registration is first come, first serve.
- September 11th
- October 9th
- November 13th, 2017: First orientation to register for available Spring 2018 Nurse Aide courses..
LOCATION-Allied Health and Sciences building, room 020
Don’t see the program you’re looking for? Check out our EMS department for more health-related programs.