Business - Liberal Arts
Are you interested in learning how businesses operate and succeed? If you’d like to eventually earn a bachelor’s degree or MBA, you can earn a two-year business associate degree at Aims and gain a solid and affordable foundation for your business education.
The field of business has many exciting areas to explore, including accounting, finance, management, law, human resources and more.
Aims offers two degree tracks for students interested in earning an associate degree in business:
1. The Aims business liberal arts degree is designed for students who want to transfer to a participating public Colorado four-year school to pursue a bachelor’s degree. With this business associate of arts degree with designation, you can earn the first two years of credit toward your four-year degree at Aims at a fraction of the cost. After you transfer, you can pursue a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in a particular area, such as accounting, finance, general business, marketing, or management.
2. You can pursue an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Business Management and enter the workforce directly after completing this degree program.
Begin Your Business Education With a Liberal Arts Associate Degree at Aims
Ellen Swieter, business program chair at Aims, shares the benefits of earning a business associate degree before transferring to a four-year Colorado school to earn a bachelor's degree.
Gain Foundational Knowledge and Skills With a Business Associate Degree at Aims
The Aims liberal arts business associate degree program combines classroom knowledge with insight into real-world applications from instructors with direct work experience in various business disciplines.
Study an exciting array of business subjects that will help you build your educational and career paths, including:
- Introduction to business
- Business legal environment
- Business communications
- Business statistics
- Public speaking
The Aims business associate degree program also teaches you practical skills that employers want, including teamwork, persistence and problem-solving through difficult situations, emotional intelligence, ethics, critical thinking, and communication skills.
Begin Your Business Career at Aims
Learn the skills used in businesses of every type and size. The Aims business associate degree program can help you find entry-level positions or continue on to earn a bachelor's or master's degree in a field with various career opportunities. A bachelor's degree in business prepares you for employment with a private company or a governmental agency in a professional position of business leadership.
Examples of business careers include:
- Business manager
- Human resources specialist
- Financial advisor
- Business research analyst
- Business development manager
- Corporate attorney
The Aims business associate degree faculty and staff have a wide range of experience you can draw upon while earning your degree. Guest faculty and speakers can give you a glimpse of how things actually operate in the real world and how to apply what you learn after graduation. This is a liberal arts degree with designation (DWD) transfer degree.
Are you ready to get started?