UAS Basic Operator CertificateRequirements
Aims UAS Basic Operator Certificate Requirements
Get in-depth drone pilot training customized to your needs and goals with the UAS basic operator certificate program. The courses in this drone pilot program build your skills and confidence in concrete steps.
The courses in this certificate program prepare you for the FAA Small UAS Rule (Part 107) certification exam and for the FAA Single-Engine Land Knowledge certification exam.
Once you've earned your FAA 107 certification, you can apply your knowledge and training to explore working with drones in greater depth in ATV 256 - Unmanned Aircraft Systems Commercial Applications.
Standalone FAA Part 107 Certification Prep Courses Option
If you are only looking to gain the knowledge to take the Remote Pilot Certification exam from the FAA (Part 107). Aims offers two classes that can help you successfully complete that knowledge test:
- AVT 155 - UAS Flight Training - Introduces and develops flight control and piloting techniques for common UAS platforms.
- AVT 255 - UAS Ground School - Demonstrates readiness for the UAS Operator written test. Regulations pertaining to UAS operations will be introduced, including airspace, weather, and flight parameter limitations.
UAS Basic Operator Certificate Pre-registration Requirements
- Must be an admitted Aims Community College student
- Read, write, and speak the English language
- Must not have a condition that prohibits the safe operation of a drone
- Must be at least 16 years of age
How to Register
If you are not yet a registered student at Aims, please contact Norma Keeney for more information.
|Row Groupings||Certificate Requirements:||Credits|
AVT 101 - Private Pilot Ground School
Prepares student for the Private Pilot Airplane, Single-Engine Land FAA Knowledge Exam. Four credits.
AVT 103 - Intro to Air Traffic Control
Focuses on the history of the Air Traffic Control System, including its structure, function, and operation. Also includes radar operations and the future of the National Airspace System. Three credits.
AVT 155 - UAS Flight Training
Introduces and develops flight control and piloting techniques for common UAS platforms. Students will learn and demonstrate maneuvers, procedures, and best practices for safe UAS operation on fixed wing and rotary wing unmanned aircraft systems (drones). Three credits.
|Total Credits Required for Certificate||10|
Are you ready to get started?
Degree at a Glance
*Check Cashier's Office for current tuition rates