Flying is a feeling like no other. Pilots often discuss how freeing it is to leave the ground and explore the sky. If you have ever dreamed of seeing the world from the cockpit of an airplane, an aviation associate degree from Aims Community College can help you achieve that goal. In fact, you can experience a solo flight in your first semester of classes.
Develop the skills you need to pilot small aircraft, fly cargo, tow gliders or become a flight instructor with this general pilot degree. If you are interested in flying commercial airliners, Aims also offers a professional pilot degree.
In this degree program, you will earn certificates for private and commercial flight and instrument rating with the option to also earn a multi-engine rating certificate -- all in two years.
The Aims aviation associate degree program gives you access to:
- A fleet of state-of-the-art aircraft to learn on, all built in or after 2017
- Simulators that perfectly match the training aircraft, allowing for seamless transition
- Educational standards that meet FAA Part 141 guidelines
- One-on-one instruction from experienced pilots
- Earn approximately 250 hours of flight time