Main Content Area

Disability Access Services

Complaints and Concerns

Students who have concerns about services provided through Disability Access Services (DAS), the status of a requested accommodation, or find an area or service of the college inaccessible, are encouraged to report the concern to the DAS Office as a first step. 

DAS will assist students in resolving the problem and/or reporting it to the appropriate office. If DAS is unable to help facilitate a solution, or if a student prefers not to contact the DAS Office, they are encouraged to follow the resolution procedure listed below:*

  1. Student Grievance Process Informal Resolution: Students are encouraged to resolve issues informally through the Student Mediation, Assistance and Advocacy Program (MAAP) Process. To initiate the MAAP Process, students may call the following phone number, (970) 378-3576 or complete the web-based Student Complaint Reporting Form.
  2. Student Grievance Process Formal Resolution: If informal resolution fails, students may follow the steps identified in College Procedure 5-601C. All formal complaints must be filed within 20 calendar days of the incident.
  3. Students may also file a Civil Rights Complaint by calling the following phone number, (970) 378-3576 or by completing the web-based Civil Rights Complaint Form.

*At any point, students have the right to file a formal complaint with the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights.