Main Content Area

Disability Access Services

Complaints and Concerns

Students who have concerns about services provided through Disability Access Services (DAS), the status of a requested accommodation, or find an area or service of the college inaccessible, are encouraged to report the concern to the DAS Office as a first step. 

DAS will assist students in resolving the problem and/or reporting it to the appropriate office. If DAS is unable to help facilitate a solution, or if a student prefers not to contact the DAS Office, they are encouraged to follow the resolution procedure listed below:*

  1. Student Grievance Process Informal Resolution: Students are encouraged to resolve issues informally through the Student Informal Complaint Process. To initiate the Student Informal Complaint Process, students may call the following phone number, (970) 378-3576 or complete the web-based Student Complaint Reporting Form.
  2. Student Grievance Process Formal Resolution: If informal resolution fails, students may follow the steps identified in College Procedure 611-03. All formal complaints must be filed within 20 calendar days of the incident.
  3. Students may also file a Civil Rights Complaint by calling the following phone number, (970) 378-3576 or by completing the web-based Civil Rights Complaint Form.

*At any point, students have the right to file a formal complaint with the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights.