Medical assistants work in medical office settings. They perform many procedures,
such as venipuncture, vital signs and EKGs, and they work directly with the physician
in all aspects of the clinic's daily patient care.
The Medical Assisting certificate is a two-semester program that includes classroom
and lab work the first semester and a 165-hour clinical internship the second semester.
A two-year A.A.S. degree is also offered.
For more information, call us at (970) 339-6397.
4 Easy Steps to Get Started
- Step 1: Complete the Prerequisite Checklist
- Step 2: Complete the Medical Assisting Assessment
- Students who declared personal interest or the Healthcare Provider EMS Medical Clinical
Assistant Certificate as their major are exempt from the assessment score requirement.
However, students who declared a degree for their major must meet the college assessment
- Step 3: Have a Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR Certificate
- Medical Assisting students must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Provider certification card from the American Heart Association (AHA) to enroll in
ANY of the clinical courses/programs offered through the Allied Health Departments
at Aims. No other card will be accepted.
- Step 4: Registration
- Registration for Medical Assisting classes will require a department signature. Signatures
will only be provided after meeting with the Medical Assisting Advisor, Cindy Walker.
Please call (970) 339-6540 to schedule an advising appointment.
**Copies of all documents are due to the instructor before the prerequisite due date.
If you have questions, please contact Cindy Walker at (970) 339-6540 or email@example.com. Documentation may either be hand delivered or scanned and emailed. Students whose
prerequisites are not completed by the due date will be administratively dropped from
You can purchase required supplies for the certificate program at the Aims Bookstore,
medical stores or other department stores in the area:
- Royal blue scrubs
- Comfortable closed toe shoes
- Box of gloves (Latex free)
- BP cuff
- Wristwatch with a second hand