Main Content Area

General FAQ

This page provides answers to common questions students, parents and third parties might have about payment for education at Aims. Click on the links in the sidebar to view questions and answers related to other payment-related topics.

What are the hours of operation for the Cashier’s Office?

The Cashier’s Office hours are always updated in the sidebar on this page.


Where are the Cashier’s Offices located?

You can find Cashier's Offices on the Greeley, Loveland and Fort Lupton Campuses. 

Greeley: Welcome Center, First Floor


How can I contact the Cashier’s Office?

The Cashier's Office can be contacted by phone, mail, email or in person and current contact information is always updated in the sidebar on this page.


What is the difference between “dropping” a class and “withdrawing” from a class?

If you “Drop” a class, then your student tuition account will be credited the tuition and fees equal to the cost of the class and the class will be removed from our transcripts. If you “withdraw” from a class, then you receive a “W” as a grade on your transcript for the class and you are held liable for the tuition and fees for that class. Please refer to our current catalog or schedule publication for further information on “dropping” or “withdrawing” from courses. If you received financial aid funds (grants, scholarships and/or loans), you may owe funds back to the college if you drop, stop attending or withdraw from courses.


If I withdraw from a class, can I still get a refund?

No. If you withdraw from a course you will still be liable for the Tuition and Fees. If you are on a payment plan, it will continue to draft monthly payments as scheduled. If you are receiving financial aid funds, this may impact your eligibility and repayment of funds may be required. Visit with the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing to see how you may be impacted financially.


What is the process to complete an “Appeal for Tuition Adjustment”?

For step-by-step instructions for tuition appeals, please go to the Tuition Appeals page.


Where can I find information on Aims accreditation?

The information on Aims Accreditation can be found in our current catalog or online on the Accreditation page. If you need further assistance finding the information, contact the Registration and Records Office.


Does Aims participate in the College Opportunity Fund?

No, Aims Community College does not participate in the College Opportunity Fund (COF). 


I have moved recently, what do I need to do to change my address at Aims?

Contact the Registration and Records Office for further information and procedures for updating your address. It is advisable to change your address information with the college as soon as you know your new address so that it doesn’t delay information getting to you in a timely manner.

Addresses can be updated online thru the Myaims student portal. 


What does WUE tuition mean?

Aims Community College participates in the Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE) during the academic year. If you are eligible and approved for WUE tuition rates, you will pay reduced tuition rates equal to one and one-half times the normal In-State rates in place of the In-State rate. 


I'm unable to order my transcripts due to owing an outstanding balance, are there any options available?

Per Colorado HB-22-1049, the college can lift financial holds on student accounts temporarily to allow current and former students to order transcripts, diplomas and certificates if the student can demonstrate specific reasons for needing the academic documents.  

The waiver request form can be found by clicking here

Examples of eligible reasons are as follows:

  • Transferring to another college or university
  • Applying for state, federal, or other financial aid
  • Other postsecondary opportunities
  • Job application
  • Military or National Guard