The Tuition Appeals Committee considers requests for adjustment to tuition and fee charges when a student can document acceptable extenuating circumstances.
How to File a Tuition Appeal
- Carefully review the Tuition Appeal guidelines and make sure you are not appealing for a commonly denied reason.
- Complete the online Appeal for Tuition Refund Form
- Upload all supporting documentation listed in the Tuition Appeal guidelines into the document upload tool.
- Submit to complete the request.
If you are unable to access the online form submission tool, A printable Appeal for Tuition Refund Form is available upon email request. Paper submissions can be submitted via USPS mail or drop off at our office. :
- Mail form via USPS to:
Aims Community College, Attn: Cashier office
P.O. Box 69, Greeley, CO, 80632
What to Expect
- Appeals are reviewed every two weeks.
- Once the Tuition Appeal committee has reached a decision, the student will be sent an email stating the decision and action to be taken next by the college or the student.
- If Tuition Appeal is “Approved”, the student’s tuition account will be adjusted accordingly. Be sure to go over the impact an approved appeal will have on your financial aid eligibility.
- If Tuition Appeal is “Pending additional documentation”, the committee is requesting additional documentation in order to make a final decision. The student will have 30 days to submit the additional documentation or the appeal will be denied.
- If Tuition Appeal is “Denied”, a student can request for the Tuition Appeal to be reconsidered by the committee as long as the student can supply additional documentation to support the circumstances.
- An appeal of the final decision of the Appeal Committee may be made to the Dean of Students if the student has extenuating circumstances that includes confidential information (e.g. personal, medical, etc); or can not, or will not document the circumstances through the original appeals. The student needs to complete the Tuition Appeals Process first.