Sponsor (Third-Party) Billing is when a private or governmental agency (the sponsor) pays for any portion of a student’s tuition, fees or course related fees. Sponsor is requesting an invoice from the College.
There is no standard contract. Some companies will write a letter stating what they are willing to pay, while others have a special form. Regardless of the format, all contracts and letters must include the following information in order to be processed:
- Student name (full name please)
- Specific charges or classes the company is willing to pay
- Tuition only?
- Fees only?
- Payor of last resort? (If indicated as payor or last resort, all scholarships/grants will be applied first to charges before sponsor billing portion is determined)
- Specific semester covered by the contract
- Billing address of the company
- Contact information for questions
Upload billing letter, authorization and list of students to our Sponsor billing upload tool
Note: If your company is requesting an invoice for all bookstore purchases, please contact the bookstore directly to set up invoicing per their requirements.
The following forms are used by the office to bill outside agencies/entities for student charges.