Aims offers easy payment plans to pay for your college tuition expenses. MyPaymentPlan allows you to budget for your tuition. It is not a loan program, no interest or finance charges are assessed and no credit check is taken.
The only cost to budget monthly payments with MyPaymentPlan is a $25 per semester enrollment fee (nonrefundable). Once you complete the online agreement, the enrollment fee is deducted immediately.
You do not need to sign up for MyPaymentPlan if at least ONE of the following conditions is in place by the payment deadlines:
- Awarded financial aid, other than work-study, for the semester (you’ve received an Aims award letter)
- Submitted VA33 Post 9/11 certification paperwork
- Submitted a Third Party Tuition Authorization
- Submitted the UNC/CSU Cooperative Agreement
- Submitted required paperwork for private scholarship or outside funding
- Submitted all required paperwork for the High School Concurrent Enrollment, Career Academy or Early College Programs
- Younger than age 18
Students can use the simple MyPaymentPlan system to budget tuition and fees one of two ways:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH) - Checking Accounts and Debit Cards: ACH payments are those payments you have authorized Nelnet Business Solutions to process directly with your U.S. financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have preapproved for your expenses at Aims Community College. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th or 20th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full. You will need your checking/savings routing and account numbers. Please note: The ACH option is available to you if your banking institution is located in the U.S.
- Credit Card/Debit Card Option - See disclaimer*: Charging monthly tuition payments to a credit/debit card enables you to take advantage of various bonus programs offered by your credit card company. If you elect to use this option, your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit or debit card you designate. Payments will be charged on the 5th or 20th of each month until the balance is paid in full. If you wish to use this option, you may enroll by registering online through MyPaymentPlan.
*Debit cards normally carry a daily or per transaction limit. If you choose to use your debit card, you may be at risk of having your payment declined and being charged a returned payment fee of $30 per occurrence by Nelnet. The cardholder can call the card company or bank before signing up for MyPaymentPlan and request the daily or per transaction limit to be increased to allow you to use your debit card but this is at your own risk. PLEASE review your daily or per transaction limits on your debit card if you attempt to use this option or you will be liable for the returned payment fee assessed by Nelnet Business Solutions.
*We highly recommend if you wish for the payment to be withdrawn from your checking or savings account to choose the ACH option and complete the required account information. You will be notified by Nelnet via mail or e-mail if your payment is returned for any reason.
Enrolling online is simple and secure. The payment plan can accommodate down payments and monthly payments. The following steps will allow you to enroll in MyPayment Plan and agree to the terms and conditions.
Information needed to complete enrollment:
- Student ID number assigned by Aims Community College at the time of registration. The Student ID number begins with an A, followed by eight digits.
- Student MyAims login credentials.
- Financial account information.
- If paying by automatic bank payments, you will need the bank name, telephone number, account number and the bank routing number. Most of this information is located on your check.
- If paying by credit or debit card, you will need the card number, expiration date and the CCV number.
How to Enroll
- Login to your myAims student dashboard.
- Click on Paying for College link
- Click on the “Manage Your Payment Plan” box.
- This will take you to your MyPaymentPlan account dashboard.
Live chat is available for assistance.
Parents or other parties who wish to sign up for the payment plan on behalf of a student will need to contact the student and follow the process above in order to complete the payment plan ( the student can also grant guest portal access).
Please remember, once you have submitted your agreement online, the enrollment fee ($25) and any down payment or full payment is deducted immediately.
Do not assume your balance will automatically be adjusted if an additional partial or full payment is made, financial aid is received or a class is dropped or added. You should review your agreement balance online through your MyPaymentPlan Account or call the Cashier’s Office to confirm the change. You can also check your MyAims email for all NBS email change notifications.
Payment drafts cannot be stopped within 2 business days of the scheduled monthly payment draft.
If your required immediate down payment or enrollment fee fails to process:
- Your MyPaymentPlan contract will be automatically terminated
- Balance due in full by payment deadlines
- Your banking financial institution may charge you a non-sufficient fee for the payment attempts
If your monthly payment (5th or 20th of the month) fails to process for the first or second drafting attempt:
- Your classes WILL NOT be dropped.
- MyPaymentPlan servicer will charge you or the responsible party a $30 NSF fee for missing the payment and you or the responsible party will be notified by email or mail of the failed payment attempt and when they will reattempt that payment.
- If you attempt to pay Aims directly for that missed payment, MyPaymentPlan servicer may still attempt that missed payment per the date indicated in the notice.
- Payment reattempts are generally scheduled for the 20th or the 5th of the month following the missed payment date.
If your monthly payment fails for the third drafting attempt (same monthly payment failed for the first attempt, then two more reattempts - three total attempts):
- MyPaymentPlan contract is terminated
- The student or responsible party will receive an email from NBS
- Your classes will not be dropped
- Your account will be placed on registration hold
- You are responsible to make payments directly to the college
- You or the responsible party are liable for all NSF charges to the MyPaymentPlan servicer and to your banking institution. NSF charges are the student's responsibility.
IMPORTANT! To make any changes to your banking information, or if you have questions on your plan, log into your MyPaymentPlan account to make the changes or call the payment plan servicer at (800) 609-8056.
Summer and Fall 2022 payment plan portal opens beginning April 25, 2022. Sign up early for the best plans.
View all available payment plans by clicking here
A. You may make changes to the information you provided in this agreement by contacting the institution. The timely application of changes depends on when they are received by NBS; NBS may refuse to apply changes prior to the next scheduled payment date if NBS determines, for whatever reason, that it does not have sufficient time to act on them. In the event that you authorize additional services from the institution, or in the event that additional fees are assessed by the institution in accordance with its policies, you understand that the total balance due or payment amount or both will change. You agree that your authorization of any such change shall constitute your authorization to change the payment amount or to continue payments or both until the total balance due is paid in full.
If you, as the Responsible Party, are not the student, you authorize the student to make changes to the schedule or activities and agree to be bound by any such changes. You do not require NBS or the institution to send advance notice of any adjustments resulting from any such changed authorization, which includes any reduction in the balance due or payments as a result of financial aid, or any other similar cause. However, a copy of any such changed authorization is to be provided to you by the Institution.
B. If there will be any change in the pre-authorized payment amount other than a change made by you, as described above, the institution will give you notice of the changed payment amount at least 10 days in advance of the next scheduled payment.
C. You may revoke your authorization by sending NBS a signed, written notification or an e-mail; upon receipt, NBS will immediately terminate your agreement. However, terminating your agreement with NBS in no way affects your obligation to pay the institution, and you will be charged another non-refundable enrollment fee if you need to begin a new agreement.
Any and all inconsistencies in the information provided will be resolved in the confirmation notification sent to you from NBS. Changes made by the institution that are received by NBS before the notification is sent may also be included. In either event, the confirmation notification shall be controlling.
Discovery Of Suspected Errors:
If you discover what you believe to be an error made by NBS, you must report the suspected error to NBS immediately. NBS must hear from you no later than 60 days after the suspected error occurred. This obligates you to timely review of your bank statements and a timely response to company letters, e-mails or phone calls. It is your responsibility to report suspected errors as soon as possible.
You acknowledge that the origination of ACH transactions to your account must comply with the provisions of U.S. law. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nebraska. The District Court of Lancaster County, Nebraska, shall be the sole venue for filing any action. This agreement should in no way be construed to be a lender-borrower agreement between NBS and the Institution or NBS and you.
Upon the demand of you or NBS, any dispute concerning the parties’ duties or liabilities under this agreement shall be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the terms of this agreement. Arbitration proceedings shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or such other administrator as the parties shall mutually agree upon in accordance with the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules. All disputes submitted to arbitration shall be resolved in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act (Title 9 of the U.S. Code), notwithstanding any conflicting choice of law provision. The arbitration shall be conducted at a location in Lincoln, Nebraska, selected by the AAA or other administrator. All statutes of limitation applicable to any dispute shall apply to any arbitration proceeding. All discovery activities shall be expressly limited to matters directly relevant to the dispute being arbitrated. Judgment upon any award rendered in arbitration may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
Privacy And Security:
Special Notice Regarding Financial Aid:
Please do not assume your balance will automatically be adjusted if you receive financial aid or a class is added or dropped. You should review your agreement balance online through NBS Account or contact the Cashier's Office at (970) 339-6349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the change.
H3: Applicable Enrollment Fees:
The nonrefundable enrollment fee to budget payment(s) through NBS is:
- $25 per semester
- Free for full payment
The nonrefundable enrollment fee will be processed IMMEDIATELY from the account provided, along with your down or full payment, if applicable.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR MyPaymentPlan: If you make any changes to your student tuition account (ie: add/drop courses, make payment directly to the college, financial aid applies, etc.) within two business days of the next payment to be drafted by Nelnet, that payment WILL NOT be affected and will draft the payment per the schedule. Aims updates the payment plan system every 24-48 hours. The responsible party will need to be prepared to make that payment per the scheduled date if account changes are made or posted within five business days of the scheduled payment draft.
FALL SEMESTER HOURS:
Aug 29 - Dec 16
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sat/Sun - Closed
Holiday Campus Closures
Nov 23-25 Thanksgiving Holiday
Dec 20 - Jan 2 Holiday Break