Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals
To remain eligible for financial aid, students must progress steadily toward the completion of their academic program. Students must maintain at least a 2.0-grade point average AND complete 67 percent of the credits they have attempted while working toward graduation. Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is checked at the time the FAFSA is received and at the end of each academic term.
- Print your Degree Audit from Degree Works in your myAims portal showing the courses required to complete your academic program at Aims Community College. All remedial and prerequisite courses will be included. If completing a Maxtime SAP appeal please have your advisor detail on your Degree Audit the exact number of credits necessary to complete your degree with their signature.
- Print a completion certificate(s) after watching a Student Lingo session(s).
- Complete a typed statement explaining the qualifying extenuating circumstances that led to your failure to meet SAP standards, being sure to reference all terms for which you did not maintain SAP.
- Include a detailed plan for the corrective action(s) you are taking to ensure a successful completion of your current academic program as outlined in your Degree Audit. Include in your personal statement how the knowledge gained from watching Student Lingo session(s) will help you be a successful student.
- If you are completing an appeal for maximum credits, also detail your goals and explain why you have not met graduation requirements and have exceeded the allowable number of credits for your degree.
- Include supplementary documentation to support your extenuating circumstances mentioned in your appeal (i.e. copies of medical bills, letter from doctor, police report, death certificate, etc).
- Obtain a SAP appeal form from the Office of Financial Aid. A staff member from the Office of Financial Aid will meet with you about your SAP standing and direct you to your next steps.
Needing to withdraw? Call or email the Office of Financial Aid, we would be happy to calculate your completion rate. Completion rates are cumulative - determined by dividing the completed number of credits by the attempted number of credits. Completion rate percentages must be at 67% or above to remain eligible for financial aid.
- Incomplete appeals may be denied
- If your appeal is approved, you will receive a contract via your Aims email that you must sign and return by the deadline indicated in the contract
- To view the results of your appeal, login to your ‘MyAims’ account, click on “Financial Aid”, then “Messages”
- You will be notified by Aims email of the results of your appeal
|Appeal Deadline||Results available to students||Financial Aid Year|
|Monday, June 6, 2022||June 15, 2022||Summer 2022|
|Monday, June 20, 2022||June 29, 2022||Summer 2022|
|Tuesday, July 5, 2022||July 13, 2022||Summer 2022 - last day for summer|
|Monday, July 18, 2022||July 27, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, July 25, 2022||August 3, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, August 1, 2022||August 10, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, August 8, 2022||August 17, 2022||Fall 2022|
|August 15, 2022||August 24, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, August 22, 2022||August 31, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, August 29, 2022||September 7, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Tuesday, September 6, 2022||September 14, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, September 12, 2022||September 21, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, September 19, 2022||September 28, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, September 26, 2022||October 5, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, October 3, 2022||October 12, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, October 10, 2022||October 19, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, October 17, 2022||October 26, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, October 24, 2022||November 2, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, October 31, 2022||November 9, 2022||Fall 2022|
|Monday, November 7, 2022||November 16, 2022||Fall 2022 last day to appeal for fall|
Students can receive counseling to help them make a plan to achieve satisfactory academic progress