Get Help Paying for College
Spring 2021 - May 4, 2021 Final Payment deadline
Spring 2021 Semester - Due in full by July 1st to avoid assignment to collection agency (students 17 years of age and younger and/or High school program are exempt)
Summer 2021 - August 11th Final Payment deadline
Fall 2021 - August 17th 1st priority payment deadline
Summer 2021 semester online bookstore charging will open approx May 11th. All students
are allowed to charge up to $600 in books, book rental fees and supplies to their
student tuition account. Visit Bookstore website for further details. Note: You must be registered for Summer 2021 classes to be eligible
For assistance or questions with your student tuition account, email us at email@example.com.
Whether you’re eligible for financial aid and scholarships, need to sign up for a
MyPaymentPlan or have questions about your tuition and fees, the Student Accounts/Cashier’s
Office is here to ensure that paying for college is a positive experience. Student
tuition bills are available online 24/7 in your MyAims student account.
Check (temporary checks are not accepted), money order, cashier check, or U.S. traveler’s
check payments mailed to: (Include your student id number in the memo line).
Aims Community College
P.O. Box 69
Greeley, CO 80632
Credit card payments are accepted online in your MyAims student online portal. If
you need to call our office to pay with a credit card over the phone, call 970-339-6349
during business hours.
*Do not send cash or credit card information through the USPS mail or email. All payments
need to be received by the deadlines, not postmarked.
How to pay for college:
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships:
- Complete FAFSA Application.
- FAFSA Application Deadlines can be found on the financial aid homepage.
- Private scholarships and loans need to be submitted to the Financial Aid office by
the payment deadlines.
- If you receive an Aims Award letter, no payment or payment plan is needed for the
- You will not be dropped from your classes once you receive your award notification
- If aid does not cover all tuition and other costs, the balance you owe is due by the
Final Payment Deadline of the semester.
- If you have not received your Aims award letter by the payment deadline, you will
need to continue to Step 4 for payment options.
- Complete your application for Aims Admission.
- Register for Classes in myAims.
- Payment Options: Complete one of the following by the Payment Deadlines to ensure you are not dropped from all your classes:
- Pay in full - Online (preferred method), in person or thru USPS mail.
- All payments need to be received by the deadlines, not postmarked.
- Sign up online for MyPaymentPlan, an automatic monthly payment plan.
- This is optional after the full term add deadline.
- MyPaymentPlan is the only option for paying your tuition in payments if you register
for classes before the full term add deadline. Making any partial payments through
the online credit card payment link will not place you on a payment plan and your
classes may be dropped.
- Submit 3rd Party Authorization.
- This option is for those students covered by an Aims Employee Tuition waiver, UNC
employee, TAA program, Workforce, WIA, Veteran Affairs (Chapter 33 and 31), Rocky
Mountain SER, Career Ladder, K-12 schools, Early College, CU Camp, TEACH and/or other
- Be awarded financial aid by Aims (make sure you’ve received your Aims Award letter or email notification).
- Submit a signed and completed UNC/CSU Cooperative Agreement Information.
- Submit completed High School Dual Enrollment (Concurrent), Early College Program or Career Academy paperwork.
- Make you Refund choice.
- Choose Direct Deposit or paper check to receive any refunds due to you for financial
aid, dropped classes or all overpayments. (Registration key code emailed to you 48
hours within registration for the term)
If you have questions, please contact us.
Please Note: All previous semester outstanding balances must be paid in full by the posted
payment deadlines of that corresponding semester or all future courses may be dropped
entirely, even if one of the above payment options is met for that future semester.
Students are notified by email and USPS mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Phone: (970) 339-6349