Frequently Asked Questions for: Aims Scholars Scholarship
1. Do scholarships affect other financial aid?
2. Do I have to apply each semester?
3. Is everyone who qualifies awarded a scholarship?
4. What are UG credits?
5. Why was I only paid a portion of the scholarship amount?
6. How soon will my application be processed?
7. Will I receive the Aims Scholars Scholarship if I have received the Aims Opportunity scholarship?
8. Do I have to be making good Satisfactory Academic Progress to be eligible for this scholarship?
9. Do I have to be a United States citizen to be eligible for the Aims Scholars Scholarship?
10. Will I be eligible for this scholarship if I have only been at Aims for one semester?
11. What are the requirements to receive the Aims Scholars Scholarship?
If you have been awarded financial aid up to your full financial need and/or cost of attendance, then receipt of a scholarship might impact other aid you already received. Adjustments are made on a case-by-case basis with student loan reductions as a priority.
No, students do not have to apply for the Aims Scholars Scholarship. If eligible you should automatically receive this scholarship on your financial aid offer letter. If you did not receive this scholarship and you think you are qualified, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships are processed on a first come, first served basis and subject to funds availability.
UG credits are Undergraduate credits earned for college level classes with a course number of 100 or above.
This scholarship is adjusted according to the credit hours enrolled. i.e. if enrolled in 6 credits (half time) you will receive one-half of the total scholarship award for the semester.
Yes, you can receive both the Aims Scholars Scholarship and the Aims Opportunity Scholarship.
Yes, your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status must be Good, Warning, Probation or ACPLAN (approved appeal) to be eligible for the Aims Scholars Scholarship in addition to meeting the other criteria.
No, any Aims Community College student is eligible to receive the Aims Scholars Scholarship if they have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher, have at least 15 undergraduate credits earned at Aims Community College and are maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
You may apply once you have *completed* 15 undergraduate credit hours with at least a 3.2 cumulative undergraduate GPA. Applications will be processed once the semester grades have been posted by instructors.
A student needs to declare a financial aid eligible degree or certificate program, must be enrolled for at least six credits (half-time enrollment status) during the awarding period, demonstrate at least a 3.2 cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA), have earned a minimum of fifteen undergraduate level (courses with a course number of 100 or above) at Aims Community College, not in default on a federal student loan, not on financial aid ineligibility and has not exceeded the maximum credit limit for degree or certificate program.
Unfortunately, high school concurrently enrolled students and students who have already earned a four year college degree are not eligible to receive this scholarship.