Important HESI information
Students are now able to take the HESI virtually. Our testing window is May 4 - May 14. You must have a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam, microphone and stable internet connection. If you are interested in sitting for the HESI, please email us at email@example.com ASAP. The cost is $59 and will be charged to your student account.
Due to changes in normal operating hours and now working remotely, the nursing application
for Fall 2020 admission will only be accepted by mail. Please mail your printed application
with supporting documentation to:
Aims Community College
Attn: Robin Nevling, Nursing Program Director
P.O. Box 69
Greeley, CO. 80632
Applications must be postmarked no later than May 14th 2020
Please turn in your application with all the supporting documentation we have listed
Required documents to be included with this Application are as follows:
1. Completed and signed “Aims Nursing Program Application for Admission Consideration” (this form).
2. Unofficial transcripts from all college/universities, including Aims, demonstrating completion of (with a grade of “C” or better) BIO 201, BIO 202, ENG 121, MAT 135, and HWE 100 with a grade of “C” or better. a. Transcripts must include: name, semester course(s) taken, credits, and grade awarded (if course completed). b. All prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better. c. If BIO 204 and/or PSY 235 and/or a 3-credit hour elective have been completed unofficial transcripts for those courses should also be submitted.
3. Documentation of a current, state-issued, non-restricted Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) license.
4. Documentation of a current, state-issued EMT, LPN or Paramedic license/certificate (if you have one - this is not mandatory).
5. Official documentation of meeting the HESI A2 minimum requirements:
• Reading Comprehension: 75%
• Vocabulary and General Knowledge: 75%
• Math: 75%
Due to nurse aide testing facilities being closed, we will accept your application
if you have completed a nurse aide class AND have proof of training affidavit (which
you will turn in with your application). If you are accepted into our program, you
will be conditionally admitted until you have passed your state CNA exam when you
are able to test.
Questions about the HESI? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-339-6533
Careers in healthcare can be very rewarding. Our program can prepare you for a career in nursing by helping you develop all the skills you will need to take and pass the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and start an exciting career.
We also offer non-credit, certificate programs for current nurses who want to expand on their knowledge and become more desired by potential employers.
The Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program at Aims will teach you the skills you need for a career in nursing. You will get the opportunity to learn skills to care for patients of all ages in a variety of healthcare settings.
You will learn and master:
This rigorous program offers theoretical and applied instruction in classrooms, simulated laboratories and clinical settings.
Welcome Robin Nevling as the new Director of Nursing. Robin brings loads of experience to Aims and is ready to make changes to help the nursing program become more student-friendly and help you become better prepared for the NCLEX.
Do you like helping people? Do you also like problem solving? A career in nursing gives you the unique opportunity to work both with people and scientific problem solving.
After you earn your A.A.S degree, you will be eligible to take the NCLEX-RN and start a career as an RN.
You can also choose to further your nursing education by transferring to a four-year university.
Upon successful completion of all degree requirements, you will earn an associate of applied science (A.A.S.) degree with a nursing major.
Program Mission Statement
To provide excellent education that prepares the learner to become a member of the nursing profession, meeting the dynamic needs of diverse populations.
The Aims Associate Degree Nursing program has been granted full approval status by the Colorado State Board of Nursing (SBON) and has Continuing Accreditation with conditions by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Colorado Board of Nursing (SBON)
1560 Broadway, Suite 1350
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: (303) 894-2430
Alternate: (303) 894-2458
Fax: (303) 894-2821 Email: email@example.com
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Phone: (404) 975-5000
Fax: (404) 975-5020