Public Safety Institute
The 10-acre Public Safety Institute is an inclusive and unique facility on the Windsor campus that houses the Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Fire Science, and Criminal Justice programs. Students are offered multiple education opportunities in one central location, including general education classes so they can complete their degree requirements on site.
The 53,000 square-foot, two-story institute building offers world-class training and boasts the following amenities:
- State-of-the-art burn building
- Drill ground area for fire, police and EMS training
- Science lab
- Smart classrooms
- Computer rooms
- Candidate Physical Ability Testing
- Student Services including registration, Accuplacer testing, Advising and Tutoring Services
- Simulation rooms for Paramedic and EMT training
- Anatomage table - a virtual 4D cadaver
- Workout room for physical-fitness training
- Medical Assistant lab with exam rooms
- Locker rooms
Additionally, the large open area between the fire training tower and classroom facility includes streets for emergency response training.
Public Safety Institute Staff
The Public Safety Institute staff are dedicated to providing active, hands-on simulatory education alongside engaging classroom study.