Earn an EMS degree at Aims
Do you want to explore a career in emergency medical services? Are you an EMT looking to advance your EMS career? The Aims EMS associate degree program gives you a strong career foundation that you can build upon to become a paramedic or firefighter. Take your desire to help people in your community and earn a degree that can make you more marketable to potential employers.
The Aims Associate of Applied Science in Emergency Medical Services is a two-year program that includes:
- All of the classes in the 15-week Aims EMT program, which is recognized by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Elective course options to further your training in either advanced EMT or fire science
- General education courses
- IV/IO therapy training
- A minimum of 7 credits toward an EMS-focused internship
Commonly known as an EMT degree, the Aims emergency medical services degree goes beyond the basic EMT certificate program, giving you general education courses and more in-depth EMS and fire science training, including an IV/IO course that gives you training many employers want.
Your EMS training at the PSI will include:
- Comprehensive study of anatomy and physiology in the classroom and lab sessions using a high-tech Anatomage virtual cadaver table
- An advanced EMS simulation studio with lifelike patient simulators
- State-of-the-art lab equipment
- Working ambulances for hands-on training
Many fire departments require EMT certification as a condition of hiring, and the EMS degree program prepares you for the NREMT certification exam required for licensing in Colorado.
Wherever you want to work in EMS, the Aims A.A.S. in Emergency Medical Services program will give you the hands-on training, education and industry knowledge from experienced faculty to help you build a career in this exciting and rewarding field.