Explore a Career in Healthcare in High School and Earn Dual Credit With the Aims Medical Preparation Certificate Program
Are you a high school student interested in a healthcare career? The medical preparation certificate program at Aims is a great way to explore different aspects of healthcare including emergency response, medical terminology and nurse aide skills. Gain real-world experience through volunteering and on-the-job training.
In this allied health certificate program, you will:
- Learn the language and culture of healthcare
- Simultaneously earn 12 high school and college credits
- Earn six healthcare certificates
- Develop a portfolio, including building a resume
- Get hands-on experience during a 30-hour clinical internship
With lectures, labs and a 30-hour clinical rotation, the medical preparation certificate program provides a foundation for learning about different aspects of healthcare. You’ll also build a portfolio and learn how to create a resume to present during an on-campus job fair.