Begin your journey as a pilot with this pilot associate degree that builds your skills and confidence in concrete steps. Each semester you can earn an aviation certificate and take the FAA certification exam for piloting larger and more complicated aircraft.
You’ll begin with private pilot ground and flight training that allows you to fly with friends and family then move on to instrument rating, which teaches you to fly in more difficult weather conditions. The last two semesters you cover commercial ground and flight training on small and multi-engine aircraft. Your core and elective classes help build your communication and professional skills that prepare you to launch your career.
How to get started
Step 1 – Apply
- Apply to Aims Community College
- Select AGS Pre-Aviation as your intended major.
- Apply for Financial Aid if applicable.
Step 2 – Are you a VA or Transfer Student
- If you are a VA Student submit your DD214 and Certificate of Eligibility to the Financial Aid Office
- If you are a transfer student please have your previous institution send an official transcript to Aims. Learn more on the Transfer Information webpage.
- If you are not a VA Student or a Transfer Student, go to step 3.
Step 3 – New Student Orientation
- Complete the Aims New Student Orientation overview.
Step 4 - ACCUPLACER
- Contact the Testing Center to set an appointment to take the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER test. You will only need to complete the writing and math portions of the test.
Step 5 - Complete the Aviation Application
- Complete the Aims Aviation Application
- Applications must be completed no later than:
- Fall Term: First Monday of April
- Spring Term: First Monday of November
- Summer Term: Aims Aviation does not accept new students for Summer Term
Step 6 - Advising Appointment
- Schedule an advising appointment and make sure to bring your application.
- Ottley Wright | Academic Advisor
- (970) 378-3635